management to ensure optimal billing and reimbursement to Providers nationwide.
With MBC, expect great service AND great results! And, MBC is now EMR capable!!
Article provided by: clearliferecovery.com
Clear Life Recovery offers affordable alcohol and drug addiction treatment in Costa Mesa. Our IOP, PHP, and residential addiction treatments are custom designed to address the needs of each individual in recovery. The goal is to equip patients with vital combat skills to overcome triggers and remain sober for good.
What are the four types of drugs?
Drugs belong to four main groups based on the effects they produce. They are:
- Stimulants - Stimulants are drugs prescribed by medical practitioners to treat various medical conditions. These include drugs like nicotine, cocaine, amphetamines, etc.
- Depressants - Alcohol, opiates, and cannabis belongs to the family of depressants. Depressants lower the neurotransmission levels causing the mental processes in the human brain to slow down.
- Opium-related painkillers - These include substances like codeine and heroin. These are highly addictive and are an important ingredient in prescription drugs for mental disorders.
- Hallucinogens - Drugs like LSD, PCP, and magic mushrooms belong to this family. Hallucinogens can cause severe distortion in an individual's perception. Individuals under the influence of hallucinogens see and hear unreal images and sounds.
At our facility for addiction treatment in Costa Mesa, we follow a custom treatment plan for each type of drug to help patients in recovery harvest the best results. We also offer effective psychotherapies to heal co-occurring mental disorders along with addiction treatment.
What illnesses can drugs cause?
Drug abuse for more extended periods can cause diseases of the heart and lungs. Furthermore, drug addiction can cause fatal illnesses like cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, etc. Addiction being a behavioral disorder can often lead to mental illnesses like anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and depression.
Drugs alter the circuits in your brain that are responsible for communicating commands to the rest of your body. This rewiring in your brain disturbs the way you experience ordinary pleasures like food, sex, etc. Besides, drug addiction also impairs your brain's ability to make decisions and interferes with learning and memory skills.
Acute drug intoxication
According to a 2017 report, over 70,000 Americans lost their lives to acute drug intoxication. Acute drug intoxication is a transient condition that arises as a result of alcohol or substance overdose.
This type of toxicity can impair consciousness, perception, cognition, and severely compromise an individual's psychophysiological functions. Although acute drug intoxication resolves over time and it can lead to adverse reactions, including coma or death in the more severe cases.
Effects of Marijuana
Marijuana, weed, or pot all refers to the same drug that comes from the cannabis plant. It is a recreational drug as well as a prescription drug used by medical practitioners to treat chronic pain conditions. Marijuana contains THC, a psychoactive ingredient that creates feelings of euphoria and pleasure in your brain. Addiction to marijuana can distort your senses, affect motor skills, and cause irreversible damages to your brain.
Visit Clear Life Recovery today, a top-rated facility for addiction treatment in Costa Mesa. We can assist you in finding the best financial options to pay for your treatment. Do not wait any longer to break the chains of addiction.Addiction Treatment Costa Mesa
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
What MBC Clients Say
- We have worked with Medical Billing Connection for the last four-years.
Our experience with Nancy and the team at MBC has been stellar.
MBC, has great turnaround getting us all of the information we need regarding verifying benefits, attaining pre-authorizations and utilization reviews.
We have also been satisfied with the billing and reimbursements.
- If I could give 6 stars I would! MBC has improved our company’s cash flow rate and provided peace of mind that everything is being handled.
Our rep has fabulous communication with our team and we are always kept informed of claim status.
I would highly recommend this billing company.
- I have had the pleasure of working with Medical Billing Connection since 2013.
They are professional, efficient and timely.
The team I have worked with is also extremely knowledgeable and current in terms of the ever changing insurance billing requirements, policies and they fight for approval of services and appropriate payment.